Let’s face it, we all have a little bit of a sweet tooth. And after a holiday like Halloween, it can be hard to resist the temptation of all that candy. But don’t worry, there are ways to fight those cravings! Here are 5 tips to help you curb your sugar craving.
1. Eat more protein – Protein helps to stabilize blood sugar levels, keeping you fuller longer and helping to fight those pesky sugar cravings. So make sure to include protein at every meal!
2. Drink lots of water – Dehydration can often times masquerade as hunger. So before you reach for that sugary snack, drink a glass of water and see if that does the trick.
3. Get enough sleep – Believe it or not, sleep deprivation can also lead to sugar cravings. When we’re tired, our bodies crave quick sources of energy like sugar. So make sure you’re getting enough Zzz’s!
4. Fill up on fiber – Just like protein, fiber helps to keep us full and can help stave off those sugar cravings. Include foods like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains in your diet to get your fix.
5. Take a walk – Sometimes all you need is a little break from whatever it is you’re doing. A quick walk around the block can help clear your head and fight those cravings.
So there you have it! 5 tips to help fight your sugar cravings. Just remember everything in moderation. A little bit of candy here and there won’t kill you!