As you’re preparing for the week ahead, here are some ideas on how to make the most of it and hopefully build some good habits:
- PLAN: Each night, write out 2-3 things you MUST get done for the next day. A productive day actually starts with the night before, so that you can get up and keep your agenda at front of mind. Some people will even start a task just to finish it first thing in the morning to feel accomplished.
- DON’T BE PERFECT: Don’t let the pursuit of perfection get in the way of good. Don’t procrastinate or dwell on something to make it perfect. Get it done, cross it off the list, and move on. If you need to come back to it later, that’s fine.
- WORKOUT: I’d be remiss to not mention physical activity. You may dread it ahead of time and you might even loathe it during, but I can practically guarantee that you’ll feel better afterwards.
- FOOD PREP: Try to batch cook your proteins and veggies so you can combine them later in the week easily. If you need ideas for recipes, I can’t recommend Cook Once, Eat All Week enough.
- SAY NO: Say “no” to meetings if you can. Say “no” to social media if it’s going to stress you out. Even about this list! Say “no” if it’s going to be too overwhelming. Saying “no” gives you space to say “yes” to the things you really want to do or just have time for yourself.