These short ribs are fall off the bone good! Give it a try and let us know how you like them.
What you’ll need:
– 6 pounds bone-in short ribs
– 1 medium pear or Asian pear cored and chopped coarsely
– ½ cup coconut aminos
– 6 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
– 3 scallions, roughly chopped
– 1 hunk of ginger, about the size of your thumb, cut into two pieces
– 2 TSP fish sauce
– 1 TBSP coconut vinegar
– 1 cup chicken or bone broth
1. Preheat your broiler with the rack 6 inches from the heating element. Season the ribs liberally with salt and pepper, and lay the ribs, bone-side up on a foil-lined baking sheet.
2. Broil the ribs for 5 minutes and then flip them over and broil for another 5 minutes. Stack the ribs in a single layer in the slow cooker.
3. Toss the pear, coconut aminos, garlic, scallions, ginger, fish sauce, and vinegar in a blender and purée until smooth.
4. Pour the sauce evenly over the ribs and add the broth to the pot. Cover with the lid set the slow cooker on low, and let the ribs stew for 9-11 hours. 5. Serve for dinner!