Looking for something different to have for dinner? Give this venison chili a try!
What You’ll Need:
– 1/4 Cup Olive Oil – 2 Large Onion (chopped)
– 8 cloves garlic (minced) – 8 Jalapenos (stemmed & minced)
– 3lbs Venison shoulder (diced)
– 2 tsp salt
– 4oz chipotle chiles
– 1 tbsp chile powder
– 2 tbsp ground cumin
– 2 tbsp Mexican oregano
– 1lb Roma tomatoes
– 4 cups beef stock
– 1 bottle of beer (pilsner)
– 8 cups black beans
– 1 cup sour cream
– 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1. Warm the olive oil on a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, and jalapenos while lowering the heat slightly and saute for about 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally until tender.
2. Add meat and salt to a heavy 5-quart ovenproof casserole pan and brown over medium heat. Once the meat has lost all pink color, add in onion mixture.
3. Stir in Chipotle chile’s, chile powder, cumin, and oregano. Cook and stir often for 5 minutes. Then stir in the tomato, beef stock, and beer then bring to a boil.
4. Lower the heat and let simmer uncovered for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Once it has been reduced to your liking, stir in the black beans and simmer for 5 more minutes. Garnish with sour cream and onions! 6. Enjoy!